Massage oils have been used in therapeutic oil massages to work on the soft tissues of the body for various health benefits. Some of the best massage oils accompanied by touch-based therapies are used for therapeutic benefits like relaxation, stress relief, improved sleep, or certain physical benefits like pain relief.
Various cultures across the world treat oil massage as a significant part of their medical care. As a result, there are different techniques that make use of some of the best massage oils for treating various ailments.
For instance, aromatherapy makes use of essential oils with a base massage oil to heal wounds, infections, improve blood circulation, etc.
Likewise, the practitioners also use various strokes like circular motions, karate chops, etc with their hands all over the body for offering various health benefits.
Some of the significant health benefits of massages using massage oils include relaxation, treating muscular pains, reducing anxiety, improving self-image by treating physical or terminal illness, etc.
In this article, we’ve come up with a list of some of the best massage oils of 2021 that you can use for oil massage to derive therapeutic benefits.
Also Read: The 15 Best Massagers in 2021
1. Best Oil for Body Massage – Cliganic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil
Cliganic USDA organic jojoba oil is one of the best oil for body massage. It offers a number of skin benefits that make this organic jojoba oil one of the best body massage oils. Using this massage oil won’t leave your skin feel oily or greasy. Further, it is non-allergenic and won’t leave any stains on your clothes.
In addition to this, jojoba oil is very good for the skin. This is because it serves as a natural anti-oxidant, absorbs quickly, and does not clog pores. Further, it contains a number of important minerals and vitamins like vitamin B and E, and zinc, copper, and chromium. These minerals are very helpful in nourishing your skin.
- Cliganic jojoba oil is certified by USDA, which guarantees that the oil is 100% organic
- It contains no additives, no added fragrance, no alcohol, and is not diluted.
- Also, it is cruelty-free as it is not tested on animals.
2. Best Oil for Face Massage – PURA D’OR Organic Moroccan Argan Oil
PURA D’OR argan oil is extracted from the Argan trees of Morocco and has moisturizing properties that nourish your skin and hair. It is perfect for dry skin as it provides deep hydration and helps in softening wrinkles and fine lines.
Further, it helps in reducing stretch marks and scarring and helps in developing softer-looking skin. Also, it is cruelty-free, vegan, environmentally responsible, and free from harsh chemicals.
- Rub this argan oil in between your palms and massage it on your face for a minute for therapeutic results.
- Formulated specifically for your skin and hair. Therefore, it’s gentle for daily use.
- Brings together both science and nature to give you transformative skin and hair therapy.
- Anti-oxidants in the argan oil add an extra shield that protects your skin and hair from pollution and sun exposure.
- Suitable for use on face, body, and hair.
3. Best Body Massage Oil for Stress Relief – Gya Labs Soothing Massage Oil
Mixed with natural essential oils, Gya Labs’ soothing massage oil helps in relaxing your mind and body. The peppermint and eucalyptus in this soothing massage oil provide relief from aches and help in restoring peace of mind.
Since it contains Jojoba and organic argan oil, this massage oil moisturizes your dry skin, keeps it smooth, and hydrated. Further, it helps in soothing muscles and joint pains and relieves tension and stress.
So, use this body massage oil to get relief from cramps, body aches, stiffness and rejuvenate your body for achieving your fitness goals.
- This soothing massage oil is a mixture of organic Jojoba, Argan, Sweet Almond, and sunflower career oils. It also contains eucalyptus, peppermint, lemongrass essential oils, and cinnamon bark.
- The Gya labs soothing massage oil for massage therapy contains a minty scent and earthy notes that help in relieving aches and sore muscles, reducing tension, and soothing skin.
- Simply rub the massage oil to get relief from pain in muscles or massage on the temple to reduce tension and stress.
4. Best Massage Oils for Relaxation – SheaMoisture Massage Oil
This massage oil for relaxation contains natural ingredients like Coconut and Hibiscus. These have a pleasant natural fragrance that helps in relaxing the mind and body.
You’ll love to pamper your skin with this massage oil for relaxation as it delivers intense hydration. It works magic on dry and sensitive skin as it creates a moisture barrier and shields your skin from any further damage.
The Coconut oil in this is rich in vitamin E and K, fatty acids, and iron. These help in restoring your skin’s natural oil and moisturize your skin deeply.
In addition to this, it has Hibiscus flower extracts which contain help in soothing the dry skin and even the skin tone. Using this massage oil will help your body and mind feel relaxed.
- In order to use the massage oil, you need to pour it into warm water for creating a fragrant bath. Then, simply rub it into your skin after the shower to moisturize your skin and protect it against stress. For massage, simply warm it by pouring it into your hands and rubbing it gently.
- This massage oil is made of certified organic raw shea butter hibiscus and coconut along with other natural ingredients that rejuvenate your skin.
5. Best Massage Oil for Sensitive Skin – Maple Holistics Grapeseed Oil
Maple Holistics grapeseed oil is all you need when it comes to sensitive skin. Grapeseed is one of the most preferred massage oils when it comes to skincare.
This is because it is rich in anti-oxidants and goes with various vitamins in your body. Further, it is rich in vitamin E which has scar-healing properties and protects your body from agents that can prove damaging for your cells.
Also, it is one of the best carrier oil for essential oils which makes it perfect for anti-aging skincare.
Ideal for sensitive skin, this grapeseed massage oil leaves you with younger-looking skin and prevents fine lines and wrinkles.
- To use this grapeseed massage oil, directly apply the cold-pressed oil to your skin. You can also blend it with other essential oils, based on the type of skin concern you face. Ideal for sensitive skin, this grapeseed massage oil leaves you with younger-looking skin and prevents fine lines and wrinkles.
- The vitamin-rich massage oil is ideal for dry and sensitive skin with anti-aging properties that leave you with younger-looking skin.
6. Best Massage Oil for Pain Relief – Brookethorne Naturals Relief Massage Oil
If you’re seeking a massage oil for pain relief, Brookethorne Naturals Relief massage oil must be your choice. This is an oil for massaging that provides you relief from muscle soreness, stiffness, pain.
Therefore, if you’re a person who exercises, is into sports, or has a lifestyle that involves intense physical work, keep this body massage oil handy.
Accordingly, this Arnica massage oil is for people who want to have a nice oil massage, have an active lifestyle, suffer from joint and muscle pains as well as swelling and bruising.
- What makes this one of the best massage oils for pain relief are its ingredients. It contains Eucalyptus, Arnica Montana, Rosemary, and Lemongrass. All these have natural p[aian relieving properties.
- It is paraben-free, cruelty-free, and all-natural.
- Other ingredients include sweet almond oil, olive oil, Arnica flowers extracts, grapeseed oil jojoba oil, and essential oils of Thyme and Black Pepper.
7. Best Anti-Cellulite Massage Oil – M3 Naturals Anti-Cellulite Massage Oil
Anxious about the dimples and lumpy skin that you see on your buttocks, stomach, thighs, and hips? This is Cellulite that deposits beneath your skin. Although the exact reason for it is not known, it may be the result of a number of factors like hormonal changes, age, genetics, etc.
M3 Naturals anti-cellulite massage oil helps in tightening, moisturizing, and toning the skin. Further, it also enables you to get rid of those dimples that form on your thighs, buttocks, abdomen, and hips.
M3 Naturals anti-cellulite massage oil contains collagen and stem cells that will help in boosting the production of natural collagen. This results in increasing the life of the skin cells.
- This body massage oil is a blend of grapeseed, grapefruit, lemon citrus, and eucalyptus essential oils. These release fatty acids into your bloodstream which break down to fight against the cellulite and undesired fat cells.
- The essential oils in this massage oil get quickly absorbed into your skin, giving your skin rejuvenating benefits.
8. Best Massage Oil for Sore Muscles – Majestic Pure Massage Oil
Majestic Pure Sore Muscle massage oil is rich in chamomile and lavender essential oils made for soothing sore muscles.
This is one of the best body massage oils that absorbs easily and helps in reducing tension through the scent of its essential oils. This massage oil is ideal for a rejuvenating massage and for leaving your skin hydrated and nourished.
- This body massage oil contains hydrogenated Sweet Almond Oil, Lavender Oil, Arnica Montana Extract, Patchouli Oil, pine Essential oil, Vitamin E, among other ingredients.
- Simply take a small quantity of massage oil into your palms and massage on the affected areas for a relaxing massage.
- Do test the massage oil by applying a small amount inside of your elbow for any allergic reaction.
9. Best CBD Massage Oil – Lazarus Naturals CBD Massage Oil
Lazarus Naturals Cannabidiol (CBD) massage oil is a body massage oil that results in full-body rejuvenation. CBD is a compound with anti-inflammatory properties that is obtained from cannabis.
This is mainly used in massage oils and helps in providing pain relief and nourishing skin.
Lazarus Naturals CBD massage oil contains ingredients like Jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and others that help in increased relaxation and skin nourishment.
- It is advised to consult your doctor before its use, especially if you have been suggested not to have grapefruit.
- The massage oil has been tested for pesticides, potency, and heavy metals.
10. Best Lavender Massage Oil – Mapple Holistics Sensual Massage Oil
Maple Holistics Sensual Massage Oil is one of the best lavender massage oils that helps to relax both the mind and body. It is a perfect blend of Lavender, Jojoba, and Sweet Almond oil that makes your skin soft and smooth.
Trigger your senses and rejuvenate your skin with a perfect mix of gentle blends. Also, it is made without any additives or artificial fragrances and is residue-free.
It is ideal for all skin types owing to the ingredient oils leaving your skin soft and properly nourished. Further, its got a soothing fragrance, is non-greasy, and is aromatherapeutic.
- Using this massage oil is fairly easy. Simply pour an adequate amount of oil into your palms and massage it into your skin in a circular motion. Then, clean the excess oil using a warm towel.
- Its key ingredients include Jojoba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Lavender Oil, and Vitamin E.
- You can heat this oil. However, be sure that it is not overheated as it may cause burns.
11. Best Warming Massage Oil – Weleda Arnica Massage Oil
This is one of the best warming massage oils that comes with Arnica extracts. The Arnica flower clusters contain more than 150 active ingredients like flavonoids, carotenoids, essential oils, etc.
Further, the silica content in Arnica flowers gives them the ability to combat pain and discoloration of bumps, bruises, and relieving the pain linked to tired muscles.
Weleda Arnica massage oil contains a mix of plant oils from sunflower, olive, and extracts from arnica flowers and birch leaves. These enable the skin to feel smooth and help in enhancing skin’s firmness and elasticity.
- This arnica massage oil helps in warming, toning, and calming the skin. As a result, your skin feels soft and rejuvenated.
- Weleda arnica massage oil is certified ‘natural’ by NATURE. This makes it free from any synthetic fragrances, mineral oils, colorants, and preservatives.
- A simple massage using this oil preps your body for sports and physical activities. This is because it soothes your muscles with its lavender and rosemary essential oils.
12. Best Coconut Oil for Massage – Majestic Pure Coconut Massage Oil
Majestic Pure Coconut Massage oil is the fractionated coconut oil that is soothing and rejuvenating for both skin and hair. This body massage oil absorbs quickly into your skin and is ideal even for sensitive skin.
Further, you can mix this coconut massage oil with other essential oils like lavender oil and others to come up with massage oils for aromatherapy.
In addition to this, this oil for massaging is odorless, has a clear-yellow tint, and does not clog your pores. It contains a higher concentration of Capric acid and Caprylic acid that lends it a host of skin benefits. Also, serves as a great moisturizer, is stable, and stays in the liquid form even at lower temperatures.
- This massage oil is 100% pure and natural fractionated coconut oil.
- It is used as a carrier oil as it allows for the absorption of other oils and herbal extracts.
- Make sure you test this coconut massage oil for allergy by taking a small amount of oil and rubbing it on the inside of your elbow.
- Also, since this coconut oil has a detox effect, you may develop rashes which may disappear in 2-3 days of using the oil. In case they don’t go. It is suggested not to use the oil.
13. Best Olive Oil for Massage – Best of Nature Olive Body Oil
Best of Nature Olive Body oil is one of the best olive massage oils that serves as a great skin moisturizer. It enables you to restore the smoothness of your skin and shield it from premature aging.
Further, it is naturally unscented and is a great skin cell regenerator.
- It serves as a great oil for including it in other massage oil formulations and helps to soothe the inflamed skin.
- It is all-natural and contains olive fruit oil.
- Also, it is ideal for all skin types and helps in infusing moisture in the skin and yet allows sweat release and getting rid of the dead skin.
14. Best Almond Oil for Massage – Now Solutions Sweet Almond Oil
Now Solutions 100% pure moisturizing oil is one of the best almond oil for a massage that is nourishing and leaves you with healthy-looking skin.
This massage oil works to clean your skin and provides it natural nourishment. It is ideal for all skin types, gets easily absorbed into your skin, and doesn’t clog your pores.
Therefore, regular massage using this oil leaves your skin soft, clear, and healthy. You can use this massage oil on your entire body.
- The oil is obtained from pressed almonds.
- It contains Sweet Almond Oil packed in a clear bottle that comes with a UV light protectant.
- Also, it is cruelty-free, non-GMO verified, and vegan.
- Using this oil is easy as all you need to do is put few drops of oil on your palms and massage it in the area you want to.
- In case you want to use the oil on your face, clean your face first and then massage by pouring 3-5 drops of oil on your palms.
15. Best Foot Massage Oil – Derma-nu Miracle Skin Remedies Foot Oil
Derma-nu Miracle Skin Remedies foot oil is all you need for a rejuvenating foot massage. This foot massage oil contains the best antibacterial essential oils like tea tree, mint, and menthol. These help in controlling the foot fungus and giving energy to your tired feet.
It has 70% organic ingredients which are highly safe and great for your skin. This foot oil helps in curing a host of foot issues. These include toe fungus, foot odor, and sore feet.
- Key ingredients included in the oil are powerful and naturally effective. For instance, the Tea Tree has healing properties that help in dealing with issues like fungal or bacterial problems, dry and itchy skin, Psoriasis, etc. Similarly, peppermint oil acts as a perfect ingredient for sore and tired feet. Similarly, Oregano reduces fungal infections, inflammation, and provides antibiotic qualities. On the other hand, eucalyptus is an anti-inflammatory oil and a good odor remover.
- Using this massage oil is fairly easy. Simply pour a small amount of oil on your palms and apply it evenly over the desired area.
16. Best Ayurvedic Massage Oil Banyan Botanicals Daily Massage Oil
This is one of the best ayurvedic massage oils that rejuvenates your body and calms your mind.
This daily massage oil is made to balance the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha – the three ayurvedic doshas. These doshas, according to Ayurveda, are responsible for an individual’s mental, physiological, and emotional health.
Its base contains both cooling and warming oils that allow the oil to penetrate and give it a soothing effect. Further, it brings together traditional ayurvedic herbs like Guduchi, tulsi, arjuna, and Bala, that enhance circulation and support your lymphatic system.
fungal or bacterial problems, dry and itchy skin, Psoriasis, etc. Similarly, peppermint oil
- It is suggested to warm the oil if necessary, apply it to the entire body, and massage till the time the oil gets fully absorbed.
- This oil is certified organic and comes in BPA-free plastic containers.
- It has no animal products which makes it ideal for use by vegetarians and vegans.
17. Best Organic Massage Oil – Viva Naturals Organic Massage Oil
Viva Naturals organic massage oil is a treat for your mind and body. It is a blend of jojoba, sweet almond, coconut, and vitamin E oils that make the oil glide on your skin without being sticky.
You can use it anywhere, right from arms, shoulder, back, or anywhere you feel the need to do so on your body. Also, you can use it either as a massage oil or body oil after showers.
- It is light and non-sticky and comes with an easy-to-use, mess-free pump.
- The oil is made up of all-natural oils and is available in scented as well as unscented forms.
- It does not contain paraben and hexane.
- For massage, pour a few pumps on your palms and massage on the affected areas. Further, apply it after a bath, just like a lotion, to coat your skin with a skin-soothing moisturizer. In addition to this, you can even add a few drops to a warm bath and get rejuvenated.
18. Best Jojoba Massage Oil – Kate Blanc Jojoba Oil
Looking for a natural oil that revitalizes your dry skin and hair. Look no further as Kate Blanc Jojoba oil is one of the best natural oils for skin and hair.
It is 100% organic and is cold-pressed having no added preservatives. Further, it penetrates into your skin easily with clogging the pores and causing breakouts, thus giving you soothing skin.
- This is pure Jojoba oil with no carrier oil in it.
- The elements in jojoba oil help in fighting against inflammation, helping your skin to retain moisture for the glow.
- Also, it helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles and is an ideal anti-aging moisturizer.
- This oil can also be blended with argan and rosehip oil and applied at night to reduce scars, dark spots, and acne.