Tea is one of the critical functional foods. Functional foods are nothing but foods containing ingredients that, apart from meeting the basic nutrition, also provide physiological benefits. As per recent research, some of the best teas for relaxing offer benefits that make tea the second most healthy hydration fluid after water.
All teas including green, black, and oolong tea are derived from the same Camellia sinensis plant. However, what makes them different is the way each of them is heated to stop the oxidation process. Further, green, black, and oolong teas are rich sources of flavonoids that have anti-inflammatory effects.
Thus, these further help in preventing cells in the human body from oxidative damage and protect one from diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular issues, cancer, and cognitive issues like dementia and Alzheimers.
In addition to this, tea contains L-theanine and low caffeine levels that together help one to feel mentally relaxed and enhance concentration levels.
Thus, tea drinking may help in maintaining good health. This article covers some of the best teas for relaxing that you must try to feel calm and stress-free.
1. Best Tea for Stress Relief – Yogi Tea Honey Lavender
Yogi Honey Lavender Tea is one of the best teas for relaxing and stress relief. This is because it is made of herbs like lavender, lemon balm, and chamomile that are conventionally known for providing relaxation.
It is a perfect blend that enables your body and mind to calm down and unwind.
- This stress relief tea contains ingredients including organic lavender flavor, rooibos leaf, lemongrass, spearmint leaf, etc.
- Further, this tea is USDA-certified organic and Non-GMO project verified.
- Also, this stress relief tea is vegan, caffeine-free, kosher, gluten-free with no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
- In addition to this, the pack contains 64 tea bags. To get the most out of this tea for relaxing, boil the water and steep the tea for 7 minutes. In case you prefer strong tea, go for two tea bags for the best flavor.
2. Best Herbal Tea for Anxiety – Twinings of London Pure Peppermint Tea
Need a herbal tea that’s a perfect blend of pure peppermint? Go for Twinings London Pure Peppermint Tea. This herbal tea for anxiety uses 100% pure peppermint to come up with a tea that is extremely refreshing, has a soothing aroma, and has a fresh mint taste.
Peppermint is known for its refreshing properties. Also, this peppermint tea can be enjoyed either iced or hot for an enriching herbal tea experience.
- This tea blend is made solely from peppermint leaves that are sourced from Egypt
- The box contains 20 tea bags that are made out of the finest leaves and are cultivated by trusted growers across the globe.
- To get the best out of your cup of tea, steep the tea for four minutes to get the perfect cup of peppermint tea.
3. Best Tea for Calming – Tadin Tea Pasiflora Passion Flower Tea
This passionflower tea by Pasiflora is what you need to calm yourself down. Passionflower in itself is a vivid flower known for its ability to make one feel calm. Further, it is one of the primary ingredients of Tadin Tea Pasiflora.
This is the ideal tea for reducing anxiety and stress and has calming properties that help you do away with restless nights.
- The pack contain 24 tea bags that produce a calming effect without caffeine
- Further, the tea is 100% natural with no additives
- Also, this passionflower tea helps in enhancing sleep quality and relieving symptoms of menopause.
4. Tea That Helps You Relax – FGO Organic Chamomile Tea
If you’re searching for high-quality organic chamomile tea, FGO organic chamomile tea must be your choice. For years, chamomile tea has been used as a cure for a host of health issues.
This tea is made of dried chamomile flowers that contain chemicals called flavonoids. It is these flavonoids that lend medicinal properties to chamomile tea. Further, chamomile is known for helping with sleep and providing relaxation apart from other benefits.
- The pack contains 100 tea bags that contains superior quality chamomile from Egypt.
- Further, the tea bags are made of Abacá hemp fiber paper. The unique quality of these tea bags is that they do not have any dyes, glues, adhesives, or bleach.
- Also, these teas are certified Non-GMO and USDA organic.
5. Herbal Tea for Relaxation – Pukka Relax Tea
Pukka Relax Tea is an herbal tea that is a perfect blend of chamomile, fennel seeds, and ginger. Where chamomile flower helps you to calm down, fennel seeds and ginger help with easy digestion.
Further, all the ingredients in the tea are 100% organically grown. Thus, unwind as you sip this tea and savor the aroma and taste of chamomile, fennel seed, and marshmallow root.
- The pack contains 20 herbal tea sachets
- Further, each tea bag is plastic-free and has its own recyclable envelope. This helps in retaining the essential oils in the organic herbs.
- Also, each tea bag has two chambers, letting the herbs inside move easily so as to give you full potency in each cup.
- To get the most out of each cup, pour hot, boiling water on the teabag directly and leave it to steep.
6. Relaxing Tea for Sleep – Traditional Medicinals Organic Nighty Night
Here’s a tea that’s soothing and enables you to have a good night’s sleep. Traditional Medicinals Organic Nighty Night is a perfect blend of Passionflower, Chamomile flower, and Linden flower.
Passionflower is known to calm down the nerves, enhance relaxation and rest, and put to rest anxious minds. This helps individuals in having a sound sleep.
- The tea is minty and sweet and has notes of citrus and spice.
- Further, the ingredients include organic Passionflower herb, organic chamomile flower, organic linden flower, organic catnip herb, organic hop strobile, organic spearmint leaf, etc.
- Also, the tea is non-GMO verified, certified USDA Organic, and is caffeine-free.
- To get the best results, have 2-3 cups later in the day or a minimum of 1 cup at least 30 minutes before hitting the bed.
7. Best Matcha for Brain Function – Jade Leaf Organic Matcha
Jade Leaf is a farm-direct organic Japanese matcha that is made from the tea leaves grown in the Uji and Kagoshima regions of Japan. Further, this matcha is 100% USDA organic and is tested in the laboratory for authenticity.
Also, since the organic matcha is derived from high-quality tea leaves, this culinary match is ideal for a host of culinary items. These include smoothies, lattes, and baked food items.
- Being 100% organic, it is not grown using harmful fertilizers or pesticides
- Further, matcha is rich in anti-oxidants and thus makes for a great source of natural energy and mental clarity
8. Muscle Relaxing Tea – Buddha Valerian Root Tea
Buddha Valerian Root Tea is a herbal tea and a relaxing warm beverage. Typically, this valerian root tea must be enjoyed sometime before hitting the bed to feel calm and relaxed.
The ideal way to savor this tea is to have it after the end of a long, tiring day. This is because this herbal tea contains GABA, alkaloids, and isovalerate. These ease muscle pain, support sleep cycles and help your mind and body to relax.
- This organic tea does not contain any artificial flavors, additives, or preservatives. Further, it is certified GMO-free and comes in bleach-free tea bags.
- You must steep the tea for 3-6 minutes to get the full flavor and maximum benefits.
9. Best Detox Tea – Triple Leaf Tea Detox
Triple Leaf Tea Detox is one of the best teas for relaxing as it is an all-natural, herbal tea. Further, this detox tea is made of more than 20 potent Chinese purification herbs. For many years, the Chinese are using herbs to do away with toxins.
Also, these 20 Chinese herbs that make the detox tea have been conventionally used by the Chinese for the healthy functioning of kidneys, liver, lungs, blood, and cleaning of the toxins.
- The tea is all-natural with ingredients like natural lemon flavor together with other natural citrus flavors. Conventionally, the herbs were used for the healthy functioning of the liver, kidneys, lungs, and blood.
- Further, this herbal tea is caffeine-free and good for cleansing and revitalizing.
- Also, the tea helps in promoting healthy skin, enhances the flow of energy to the body, and helps with promoting positive emotions.
10. Best Ginseng Tea for Stress Relief – Prince of Peace Ginseng Tea
Prince of Peace is a Korean Ginseng and is taken as one of the valuable herbs having a host of health benefits. Further, it is used in various natural health supplements given its therapeutic properties.
For instance, red ginseng is known to strengthen the immune system, enhance brain functioning, promote energy, and is good in taste.
- Korean ginseng is also known for reducing stress, fighting fatigue, and improving blood circulation.
- In addition to this, the tea has glucose and Korean ginseng extracts that help you have instant tea for calming down
- Further, you simply need to add on tea bag in 4 fl. Oz of hot water and add your favorite sweetener to prepare the tea. For a cold brew, simply add the tea bag to 1~2 oz. of water, shake well, and add ice cubes and water for instant iced tea.
11. Ashwagandha Tea – Organic India Tulsi Ashwagandha
Organic India Tulsi Tea is a perfect blend of Tulsi’s antioxidant and adaptogenic properties. Further, it also includes spices and other herbs that help in strengthening the immune system and at the same time help in triggering the natural detoxification.
Tulsi is known for its healing properties in India and is known as a sacred herb. The tea is a perfect blend of Rama, Vana, and Krishna Tulsi that are known for relieving stress.
- Since the tea is rich in antioxidants, it is USDA-Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- The teabags are made from 100% recycled paperboard and unbleached, bio-degradable fiber.
- Also, the tea is grown and harvested ethically in partnership with small family farmers.
12. Best Rose Tea for Relaxation – Greenhilltea Organic Rose Tea
Looking for a rose tea that induces calmness? Go for none other than Greenhilltea Organic Rose tea. The beautiful aroma of rose buds and petals makes you have more of this tea. Further, it has a strong taste not of caffeine but of the vitamins that you find in roses.
In addition to this, this rose tea soothes your sore throat and contains natural essence that helps in purifying the body of heat and toxins.
- This rose tea is certified as 100% pure, natural, and organic by the USDA.
- Further, the rose petals are rich in vitamin C, much like fresh fruits such as oranges and grapefruits
- As per the facts, one cup of rose equals 50-60 citrus oranges.
- Apart from other benefits, rose tea helps in maintaining intestinal bacterial flora which supports digestion.
13. Best Oolong Tea – FGO Organic Oolong Tea Bags
FGO Organic Oolong tea is one of the best Oolong tea that falls somewhere between Black and Green tea. It has a warm and nutty taste and is 100 % organic with no additives.
In addition to this, this Oolong tea is Non-GMO and helps in boosting energy naturally.
- The pack contains 100 tea bags that contain Oolong tea from China.
- Further, the tea bags are made of Abacá Hemp fiber paper. These papers do not have any glue, adhesive, dyes, or chlorine bleach.
14. Hibiscus Tea for Stress Relief – The Republic of Tea
Hibiscus tea by the Republic of Tea is what you need if you are in search of herbal tea with a fruity taste. This hibiscus tea tastes delicious both hot as well as cold and is made of the ruby-red hibiscus from Nigeria.
Further, it contains ingredients like the hibiscus flower, sweet blackberry leaf, and stevia leaf.
- The pack contains 36 tea bags in the Republic of Tea’s signature, round, and unbleached tea bags.
- Further, preparing Hibiscus Tea is really simple. All you need to do is simply boil the water, pour the same over Hibiscus Tea, and steep it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Also, the tea bags are packed in an air-tight tin and are certified Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, non-GMO Project Verified, and Carb-Free.
15. Jasmine Tea for Stress and Anxiety – Sunflower Jasmine Tea
Sunflower Jasmine tea for stress and anxiety is one of the best green teas that taste best. With a floral taste and aroma of a floral bouquet, your senses turn alive with a positive mindset.
- The key ingredients include green tea and jasmine flowers.
- Its got a strong taste and comes in a can of 454 grams.
16. Red Rooibos Tea for Relaxation – Cederberg Tea Company
Cederberg Red Rooibos Tea is Soth African Organic herbal tea that is keto-friendly, antioxidant-rich, and caffeine-free. Further, the tea is 100% pure rooibos which comes directly from the company’s boutique farm.
In addition to this, the red rooibos tea is produced employing sustainable harvesting techniques which help you serve delicious and healthy South African tea.
- The pack contains 100 teabags, with each teabag having 2.5 grams of tea. This makes for a strong cup of tea and also enables you to use a single teabag twice.
- Further, you don’t need to worry about safety and purity as the rooibos needles are finely cut and teabags are made of filter paper that is biodegradable.
- Also, the rooibos goes through superheated steam sterilization and each batch is tested in the laboratory.
17. White Tea for Calmness – Imozai Organic White Tea
Imozai organic white tea is a Chinese tea that is harvested mainly in China in the Fujian province. It is called white tea as the unopened buds of the tea plant have white, silvery hairs, which make it look white in appearance.
Further, the tea has no artificial flavors or additives, is gluten-free, and USDA organic.
- The tea is rich in anti-oxidant and healthy for the skin.
- Further, the tea is sugar-free, calorie-free, and has only 15-20 mg natural caffeine.
- Also, the tea is light, has a soothing aroma, and has a delicate flavor.
- In addition to this, the pack contains 100 tea bags and is fairly easy to prepare. Simply put one tea bag in a 6-8 fl. oz. cup, pour boiling water, and let it steep for 3-4 minutes before drinking. You can sweeten the tea with Imozai ginger honey crystals and even try it in the form of iced tea with a tinge of honey for a sweet taste.
18. Best Green Tea for Anxiety – FGO Organic Green Tea Bags
FGO Organic green tea is an earthy blend that shifts you to the far East tea province of China. This organic green tea has no additives, wasteful strings or staples, and has long expiration dates.
Further, the tea bags are imported from China, is USDA Organic and Non-GMO that helps in boosting energy.
- The pack contains 100 tea bags that contain high-quality green tea.
- Further, the tea bags are made of Abacá Hemp Fiber Paper which is free from dyes, glue, chlorine bleach, or extra waste.
- Also, this organic tea is sourced from the ancient tea-growing regions.
19. Best Black Tea – Twinings of London English Breakfast Black Tea
Twinings of London English Breakfast Black Tea is one of the best black teas that is sourced from regions like Indonesia, China, Kenya and Malawi, and Assam. These teas from different regions have their unique flavor and characteristics. For instance, while the tea from Kenya and Malawi is brisk, the one from Assam has a full body and flavor.
Further, this English Breakfast Black Tea is robust, smooth, and flavorful and is pure black tea.
- The pack contains 100 teabags of English Breakfast Black tea.
- Further, the tea is sourced from five different regions and is hand-picked to serve you with the best.
- Also, the tea has no artificial ingredients so that you get a wholesome experience.
20. Best Japanese Tea for Stress Relief – Chaganju Organic Sencha Tea
This is one of the best Japanese tea for stress relief and is grown in the fields of Uji, Kyoto, Japan. The company partners with the local tea masters and has protected tea plantations to serve you with the finest quality organic green tea.
Further, the tea is 100% JONA & JAS organic certified and has no chemical fertilizer. Also, Sencha Green tea represents Japanese green tea and is extremely valuable as it forms 4% of the total tea production in Japan. In addition to this, the tea leaves are thick and have a deep green color which lends a strong aroma to this Japanese tea.
- This Japanese green tea has many plant bioactive compounds that give you a host of health benefits
- Further, you can enjoy the sencha green tea both as a hot and cold brew. Where hot brew gives you the health benefits of tea leaves and helps you stay full of energy. The cold brew on the other hand gives you the best flavor and taste and serves as a refreshing drink for summers.