In this article, you will learn:
- Lord Krishna Quotes in English
- Krishna Quotes on Truth
- Bhagavad Gita Quotes on Karma in English
- Positive Krishna Quotes on Life
- Geeta Updesh Quotes
- Krishna Motivational Quotes
The Battle of Kurukshetra was an inevitable event. It happened at the will of Lord Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, as he wanted Pandavas, one of the Kuru clans, to fight against Kauravas, the second Kuru clan.
Lord Krishna made the battle of Kurukshetra inevitable as he wanted to spread the message of virtuosity amongst those living in ignorance.
Kauravas, who were the cousins of Pandavas, were not virtuous and had been unjust to Pandavas. Their prejudice against the Pandavas crossed all boundaries when Draupadi, the wife of the five Pandava brothers, was humiliated in front of the royal court.
This made the Battle of Kurukshetra inevitable. On the first day of the war, both the armies were on the battlefield and were preparing for the war to begin.
But before Bhishma Pitahmaha, the Great Grandshire of the Kuru clans, could blow the conch shell to begin the battle, Arjuna, a great archer and one of the Pandava brothers, stood perplexed alongside Lord Krishna.
Lord Krishna was Arjuna’s charioteer in the battle and knew the cause of Arjuna’s anxiety. Seeing his teachers, Great Grandshire, and his cousins on the opposite end of the battlefield, Arjuna could not gather enough courage to fight a war against his own loved ones.
Seeing this, Lord Krishna unrelentingly recited the greatest holy song, the Bhagavad Gita to Arjuna. He passed on this holy message that was first explained to Manu by the Sun God. Then Manu further passed on the holy song to Iksvaku.
Since this message got lost in the course of time, it was time again to recite the holy song again. This time around, Lord Krishna would pass this message to Arjuna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra.
The following are few of the positive Lord Krishna Quotes that are directly picked up from Bhagavad Gita by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhudeva.
Lord Krishna Quotes in English
Krishna Quotes on Truth
- One who is learned – one who knows what is body and what is soul – does not lament for any stage of the body, neither in the living nor in the dead condition.
- The body is born and is destined to be vanquished today or tomorrow, therefore the body is not as important as the soul. One who knows this is actually learned, and for him there is no cause for lamentation, regardless of the condition of the material body.
- Only saintly persons who can see, within and without, the Supreme Lord can actually attain to perfect and eternal peace.
- Any man who has perfect knowledge of the constitution of the individual soul, the super soul, and nature both material and spiritual is called the most sober man. Such a man is never deluded by the change of bodies.
Bhagavad Gita Quotes on Karma in English
- In the proper discharge of duty, one has to learn to tolerate nonpermanent appearances and disappearances of happiness and distress.
- One has to execute his duty in spite of climatic inconveniences.
- One has to follow the prescribed rules and regulations of religious principles in order to rise up to the platform of knowledge, because by knowledge and devotion, only one can liberate himself from the clutches of illusion.
- A great heritage brings responsibility in the matter of proper discharge of duties; therefore, one cannot avoid fighting.
Positive Krishna Quotes on Life
- Anyone who is steady in his determination for the advanced stage of spiritual realization and can equally tolerate the onslaughts of distress and happiness is certainly a person eligible for liberation.
- The difficulties usually arise from having to sever family relationships, to give up the connection of wife and children. But if anyone is able to tolerate such difficulties, surely his path to spiritual realization is complete.
- By nature, the body is ever changing and the soul is eternal.
- Removal of ignorance involves the re-establishment of the eternal relationship between the worshiper and the worshipable and the consequent understanding of the difference between the part-and-parcel living entities and the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
- Everyone is conscious of the pains and pleasures of the body in part or as a whole. This spreading of consciousness is limited within one’s own body. The pains and pleasures of one body are unknown to another.
Geeta Updesh Quotes
- Each and every body is the embodiment of an individual soul and the symptoms of the soul’s presence is perceived as individual consciousness.
- The individual particle of spirit soul is a spiritual atom smaller than the material atoms, and such atoms are innumerable. This very small spiritual spark is the basic principle of the material body, and the influence of such a spiritual spark is spread all over the body as the influence of the active principle of some medicine spreads throughout the body.
- Any layman can understand that the material body minus consciousness is a dead body, and this consciousness cannot be revived in the body by any means of material administration.
- Consciousness is not due to any amount of material combination, but to the spirit soul.
- When the soul is purified from the contamination of the five kinds of material air, its spiritual influence is exhibited.
- The material body is perishable by nature. There is no chance of maintaining it indefinitely. But the spirit soul cannot be killed.
- The living entity as he is cannot be killed by nor can the material body be saved for any length of time or permanently protected.
- The soul acquires this material body according to his work and therefore observance of religious principles should be utilized.
- As sunlight maintains the entire universe, so the light of the soul maintains this material body.
- As soon as the spirit soul is out of this material body, the body begins to decompose; therefore it is the spirit soul which maintains the body. The body itself is unimportant.
- When an embodied living entity is hurt by fatal weapons, it is to be known that the living entity within the body is not killed. Nor is the living entity killable, because of his spiritual constitution. What is killed, or supposed to be killed, is the body only.
- One’s body getting killed or killing someone else’s body does not encourage committing violence to anyone. Nor does understanding that the living entity is not killed encourage animal slaughter.
- Killing the body of anyone without authority is abominable and is punishable by the law of the state as well as by the law of the Lord.
- The soul is not born and does not die. He is eternal, ever-existing, and primeval – that is there is no trace in history of his coming into being.
- The soul does not at any time become old, as the body does. It is under the impression of the body that one seeks the history of the birth of the soul.
- The body develops because of the soul’s presence, but the soul has neither offshoots nor. Therefore, the soul is free from the six changes of the human body.
- The soul is full of knowledge, full always with consciousness. Therefore, consciousness is the symptom of the soul.
- Even if one does not find the soul within the heart, where he is situated, one can still understand the presence of the soul simply by the presence of consciousness.
- The consciousness of the individual soul is prone to be forgetful but the consciousness of the Supreme is all knowledge.
- Both the supersoul and the atomic soul are situated on the same tree of the body within the same heart of the living being, and only one who has become free from all the material desires as well as lamentations can understand the glories of the soul.
- The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind.
- The living entities are separated part-and-parcels of the Supreme. Even after being liberated from illusion, the living entity remains a separate identity. It can never become one with the Supreme.
- The individual soul is unbreakable, insoluble, and can neither be burned nor dried. He is everlasting, present everywhere, unchangeable, immovable, and eternally the same.
- The soul is inconceivable by human experimental knowledge. Unlike the bodily changes, there is no change in the soul. As eternally unchangeable, the soul remains atomic in comparison to the infinite Supreme Soul.
- One who has taken his birth is sure to die, and after death one is sure to take birth again. Therefore, in the unavoidable discharge of your duty, you should not lament.
Krishna Motivational Quotes
- Everything has its proper utility and a man who is situated in complete knowledge knows how and where to apply a thing for its proper utility. Similarly, violence has its utility and how to apply violence rests with the person in knowledge.
- Although the justice of peace awards capital punishment to a person condemned for murder, the justice of peace cannot be blamed because he orders violence to another person according to the codes of justice.
- A murderer should be condemned to death so that in his next life, he will not have to suffer for the great sin he has committed.
- Violence committed in the act of administering justice is permitted and is not violence at all.
- As a person puts on new garments, giving up the old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.
- One who lays down his life on the sacrificial altar is at once cleansed of bodily reactions and promoted to a higher status of life.
Whether one believes in the existence of the soul or one does not believe in the existence of the soul, there is no cause for lamentation for loss of the body.
The material body has no factual existence in relationship to the eternal soul. It is something like a dream. In a dream we may think of flying in the sky, or sitting on a chariot as a king, but when we wake up, we see that we are neither in the sky nor seated on the chariot.
Body is like a dress; therefore why lament the changing of a dress?
All created beings are unmanifested in their beginning, manifest in their interim state, and unmanifest again when annihilated. So what need is there for lamentation?
By avoiding the discharge of one’s proper duty, an individual would not be able to stop the death of his loved ones, and he would be degraded due to his selection of the wrong path of action.
To fight for the right cause is the duty of a kshatriya. Why should one be afraid of or aggrieved at the death of his loved ones since one is discharging his proper duty?
Since there are so many living entities generating out of matter every moment, and so many of them are being vanquished every moment, there is no need to grieve for such incidents.
If, however, you think that the soul or the symptoms of life will always be born and die forever, you still have no reason to lament.
The Supreme Soul is infinite, and the atomic soul is infinitesimal. Therefore, the infinitesimal soul, being unchangeable, can never become equal to the infinite soul or the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
The individual soul is eternally the atomic particle of the spirit whole, and he remains the same atom eternally, without change.
Need To Talk To A Therapist? Consider These Online Therapy Programs!
* Basic Package @ $31.96 per wk
* Standard Package @ $47.96 per wk
* Premium Package @ $63.96 per wk
* Silver Package @ $67.95
* Gold Package @ $97
* Platinum Package @ $97